Friday, July 30, 2010

7 Favorite Foods that somebody else has made

I have been away from the Blog for a few months now but I am changing my blog background and typing on my computer. In a effort to come up with something different I started thinking about food. So rather than listing my favorite foods I started thinking about favorite foods or recipes that friends and family have made. So here goes
"7 Favorite foods by some of my favorite people!"

1. My Mom and Dad's Biscuits and Gravy. Every time we go home you can bet on them cooking up some biscuits and gravy with sausage. Homemade biscuits from scratch, none of those frozen things or mixes that you add water or the kind that come in a can. The kind where you make the dough, roll it out on the counter and press out circles with a biscuit cutter (I hear mom and dad have even found a way to make REALLY BIG biscuits for my nephew's! They are big boys and need a big biscuit I tell you!)

2. Mamaw's Coconut Cream Pie. Jonathan's Mamaw Hughes could make a lot of delicious foods and LOVED to cook for everyone. She would always have enough Blue Bell Ice Cream for all the family to have morning, noon and night (and she would offer it to my small children at all of those times of day- ha ha). But her pies..................... mmmmm mmm mmmm, just ask my father in law. I am pretty sure he felt the same way.

3. Jonathan Stewart's Sweet Potato Gratin. Ok, really I guess it is Bobby Flay's recipe but husband is the one who makes it! For all of you (I think I have 8 followers now) turning up your nose to sweet potatoes hold on!! First you slice them really thin (with a thing that WILL cut your fingers off!) then you layer them with a sauce of chipotle chile puree and heavy cream. I promise you it is THE BEST!!!!!

4. Tammy Link's (My favorite sister) Sugar Cookies. Ok, she actually doesn't make these but she buys them for me (and her daughter Megan) every time we go to Roswell NM. These cookies are big, soft, always cute with pretty frosting on top and they taste soooooo good! My sister is a fabulous cook so I feel really feel bad to not pick something that SHE cooks -like her pies, brisket, green salads, or potato salad (she always makes me a little batch without raw onions before she 'ruins' the rest). She is the BEST!

5. Sally's Chocolate Cookies (my sweet mother-in-law). She uses that recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag BUT she adds extra flour (my sister in law and I usually can not find that magic amount that makes Sally's cookies so fluffy (not flat) and so good!

6. Loree's Tacos (my sister-in-law). I can't even tell you for sure what makes her Taco's better than any others I have EVER had but this is a true statement. "They are the best Taco's I have ever had!" You would just have to taste them to believe me, there is no person or restaurant that makes them like hers.

7. Kevin Robert's Mac and Cheese. It is rub it on your face good and I love it when he brings it to my house as a side dish or to church potlucks! Way to go K-Rob!

I hope you all are having a great summer (I cannot believe how fast it is going by).

Love to you all!
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment