Saturday, April 17, 2010

Two Year Olds........... definitely one of my favorite things!

Jonathan and I have been teaching the Two year olds on Wednesday nights at church for at least 7 years now. I wish I could say that I have been writing down all the funny stuff that has happened over the years. But I have not been doing that so I am going to do my best to remember some of the good ones.

So here goes: 7 of my favorite things from the 2's class:

1. "What happened to your hair?" This is a very common question that the kids will ask my handsome bald husband. The next question: "Can I touch it?" I wish I had a picture of the time that about 4 little kids were all rubbing his head all at once.
2. "Look at my shoes!" You would be amazed at how proud little people are of their new shoes, even their old shoes. These are kids after my own heart.
3. "This Bible is orange and it does not match my outfit!!!!" This statement cracks me up every time I think about it-
4. If you are needing to kill a little time with 2 year olds just ask them if they have any 'boo boo's'. Every one of them will show off their latest bruise, scratch or bump. And they ALWAYS have some to show.
5. This one is just a general rule of thumb: When one 'two' needs to go potty it almost always ends up in a parade of many who 'need to go potty'
6. I love how if you ask them to help you clean up they might just act like you are talking a different language BUT if you start singing Barney's clean up song they are like robots and just start cleaning. AWESOME!!! Too bad this one doesn't work on teenagers.
7. And this one doesn't happen very often but one of our two's told us a joke. He was dressed up like a Pirate for halloween (because it was halloween). Here is the joke: How much do Pirates pay for earrings?................. 'A buck an ear'

(Thank you Kara for letting me post a picture of Will and Levi-2 of our favorite 2's) I might have to post a few more pictures of these guys and some of the others during the week.
I sure do love all those little people!

2 comments:

  1. oh man...sometimes i wish there was a constant recorder when will & levi are playing together. they crack me up!
    thanks for all you do with the 2 year olds! the boys LOVE going to class and always tell us many stories of what they learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to teach two-year-olds in inner city Houston, and once I had a set of twins. They got new shoes and when they came to school the next day to show me, they stuck out their left foot and said, "Look, new shoe." And I said, "You got new shoes? Cool." Then they stuck out their other foot and said, "Look. Another one."

    I laugh everytime.

    ReplyDelete