Saturday, May 8, 2010

7 favorite Momma Moments:

Well since it is Mother's Day weekend I felt like sharing some fond memories of being Ashlyn and Amber's Mom. It is truly an honor to love and help raise my 2 girls!

1) When both of my girls were babies I would hold one of their tiny hands to my lips and kiss it while they were nursing. Eventually they would put their hand to my lips on their own. I will never forget those sweet quiet moments together.

2)I am always amazed when I watch my girls strap on their ballet shoes, get on stage and dance in front of a big crowd of people, what beautiful graceful young ladies they are becoming!

3)It is always fun times when Ashlyn, Amber and I load up in the VW bug and laugh and sing together. Just a few of our favorites are: Def Leppard, Taylor Swift, Raskal Flats, Jonas Brothers, Sugarland, Bon Jovi, Shana Twain.......................

4) Each night before the girls go to sleep we take time to pray together, even the dog likes to get in the middle of this. We trade turns each night, right now the order is tallest to shortest. (that must mean I AM still taller than Ashlyn!!)

5) I have fond memories of the times I have walked arm in arm or hand in hand with one or both of the girls. Some of my favorite places have been walking along the river outside of Oxford, through the cemetery in France and hiking in Italy. Thank you ACU for the opportunity to go to Europe through the Study Abroad Program.

6) One of my favorite Mother's Day Mornings was the year that Jonathan and girls brought me breakfast in bed. It was complete with Pancakes and coffee, cards, flowers and my gift: an unwrapped frying pan with the paper tag still around it. They all seemed so unusually proud of themselves for this gift, while I was thinking "wow............ a pan!" They had hidden an iPod under the paper tag. I finally figured out why they were so proud!!

7) '2 Girls'
I have just loved having 2 girls, from the adorable little girl cloths, to sharing shoes and coats, pigtails, giggles and tears. Painting each others nails and all 3 of us in my bathroom fixing everyones hair. I have honestly adored every stage with Ashlyn and Amber as they are growing up to be beautiful young ladies. I thank God daily for our precious family.
I am so Blessed to be their momma!

Happy Mother's Day
Cindy

PS I have put some pictures below, be sure to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment